If your site takes forever to load, your visitors won’t take too long to get off of your site and move to another. Today, with the advancement in technology, you can promote your business everywhere and a virtual presence can make a huge difference here. Many website owners add extra features like parallax scrolling and moving background, all this is great but adding these elements will only add to the load time and increase the risk of losing visitors. A fast loading website means you’ll have to make some sacrifices with the “extras” to enhance your users’ primary experience.
For an optimal and efficient user experience, here are 5 key strategies for enhancing your website:
- Design- A well-designed website will compel the users to visit it and this helps increase the lead generation. Thus it is important that your web design is clean and informative to reduce the bounce rate. Whereas a poorly designed website can hinder your business and users will prefer your competitors’ site over yours. If you want a stunning web design in Mississauga, contact us.
- Mobile-friendly– Mobile web is getting prominent as more people prefer using their smartphones to surf the net. Thus, making your site mobile friendly is important. Creating a site specifically for mobile users and then progressing steadily to desktops ensure that your site runs smoothly on smartphones.
To make your website mobile-friendly:
- Use Google’s Mobile Website Auditor to test if your website is mobile friendly or not. It can easily check the usability of your website on mobile. This test scores your website on usability criteria, proximity of clickable elements, and text readability.
- Optimize user-interface and user-experience according to smartphones.
- If you already have a desktop site, platforms like Duda Mobile can create a mobile version of it.
- Try a CDN- A CDN or a content delivery network uses a system of distributed servers, this helps in delivering pages and other web content to the users. Content delivery network reduces latency, increases the site’s load time and reduces bandwidth consumption. CDN does this by delivering CSS, JS and images of the website through web servers closer to the location of the users. Through CDN, many businesses can accelerate their mobile contents, videos, dynamic contents etc.
- Cache more often- Caching simply means the process of storing data in a cache. This is a temporary storage of web pages. It helps reduce load time and overall performance of the website. When a user visits your site, a cached version of the web page will be served. This helps in saving the time of the server and loading your site faster.
- Load Async- It is better to load all your Java Scripts asynchronously. There are numerous third party content that are integrated with your websites including commenting services, chat features, information feeds and social media. Asyncing can be a boon to your website as in the event of third-party crashes, your page won’t take too long to load these resources.
- Crisp communication- Each user has a different level of attention and catering for them can be a tedious feat. Communication is the key if you want your users to pay attention and keep interest in your site. Write relevant and informative content that are eye-catchy too.
The goal of your website is to increase traffic. Using images or videos that are huge in size may seem like a good idea for your website but it can be detrimental if your users have to wait for more than 10 seconds for your site to load. If you have any queries regarding the performance of your website, contact Enterprise Web Cloud.