Online marketing is widely used by B2Bs all over the world to help businesses climb the success ladder and bring about further advancement in the industry. Here are just some of the ways in which digital marketing can help your company grow. It:
- reaches your target audience where they spend their money and time
- levels the marketing playing field for small businesses (like yours!) to have a chance to enter the market
- is targeted and therefore more productive than offline marketing
- is personalized in the sense that it positively affects consumer behavior
- is automated so more time for you
- uses advanced analytics to optimize your results and bring the best out in your business
- is easy to scale and adapt
Business to business companies are not only challenging to start and maintain but also quite difficult to promote. That’s why today we will discuss various tips and tricks on how to do marketing the right way. Marketing done well equals better profits, increased web traffic, and more customers, so make sure that you consider all the below ideas. If you would like to add something extra, do not hesitate. Leave a comment or a question at the end of the article to share your thoughts! We are always open to receiving constructive feedback.
- If you target, target well
Choosing your target audience can be quite a lengthy process but it is definitely something that must be done. So, if you target anyways, you might as well target well from the very first start. But what does that mean, anyway?
- Research your audience very well and come up with a plan on how to access their online community. You should know who your target audience is by running a demographics questionnaire and analyzing the results.
- Make sure you understand your customers’ preferences. Divide them into preference groups if they differ. In any case, make your campaign as personalized as possible. Know your customers’ likes as well as dislikes.
- Actually understand your clients’ lifestyle and connect this knowledge with your products and/or services – how could this benefit them?
In a nutshell: make sure that you know exactly what your targeted population wants and find the best way to meet those needs.
- Make your website user-friendly
Next important milestone: your website. You must run a well-structured, high-quality website to make your marketing campaign work well for you and your business. That means:
- Design your website for your targeted customers. Do not use a one-size-fits-all approach.
- Use the right keywords (see the next point for more details).
- Optimize your website for mobile, making sure that your audience will spend less than 8s waiting for your page to load.
- Include CTAs.
- Include testimonials if needed and proof that your business works well for people.
In a nutshell: make it easy for people to access your website from a mobile phone to provide the full-on experience.
- Use effective SEO tools and techniques
Using ineffective SEO tools will only give your headaches, so make sure that you understand SEO before getting started on this journey (because it’s going to be a long one!). Customers must be able to find your webpage and sign up for your newsletter in order to buy from you; right? Then, you must put in all the effort necessary to make Google your friend and rank higher on its top list. These are the two main components of SEO; make sure you focus on both separately and constantly.
- On-site SEO: using the right keywords to rank higher on search engines such as Google. This allows customers to get the best value out of their searches, meeting their search needs with the proper websites. This is the only way they can find you.
- Off-site SEO: using links and other SEO tools to increase engagement and site authority. You could also use outside networking as your strategy.
In a nutshell: ensure that you understand SEO and use the tools to expand your network and marketing outreach.
- Segment, segment, segment
As I said before, there is a very important task you must do before you can start the actual work – research! If you do your research well, you will be able to segment your work accordingly without any problems. Dividing people into subcategories should not be as hard once you get the gist of it, so make sure you start ahead of time to get familiarized with the process. Some of the reasons why segmenting has powerful benefits:
- Builds a better relationship with customers over time and increases their satisfaction overall.
- Saves you time and money! You are only targeting the people you consider fit.
- Increases response rates due to an increase in customer engagement.
- Drives profits up while bringing more traffic to your website.
Some of the segmentation methods include geographic, demographic, psychographic, buyer behavior, influence level, etc. Divide your categories according to your needs, these are just some examples.
- Use social media as a prime tool
One of the most powerful tools to use within your B2B marketing campaign is social media. Recent statistics show that 60% of customers around the world check their social media platforms to gather the necessary info before purchasing something, while 73% of marketers strongly believe that their social media marketing campaigns have been effective or strongly effective for their business. So, this is what you have to do: find your favorite social media platform; connect your company’s account to your website; link back to it. Share abundant, relevant information to attract people; some examples include business or marketing tips, problems, and solutions, B2B features, testimonials, or an FAQ section.
- Do your customer research well
Remember: your B2B campaign is ultimately driven by data, so ensuring that your customer research game is ON is a must! One of the best ways to do this is by using client reviews and applications to research their backgrounds. Understanding what works or doesn’t work for our clients is part of the job and will have long-lasting, positive effects on your brand-awareness efforts.
- Include visual content
B2B brands that want to stand out must be creative and innovative! One of the ways in which you can check this criterion is including visual content within your marketing campaign. Here are some cool ideas that might get you started. However, feel free to improvise and experiment – this is what brings innovative ideas to the surface after all!
- Whiteboard animations (popular today!)
- High-quality video testimonials – they increase conversion rates quite well!
- If you are a product provider, screencasts of your tutorials might work.
- For blogs – use animated GIFs.
- Use screenshots and infographics to explain your topic in more detail and add something new and relevant to it.
In a nutshell: add visuals to turn your boring content into an engaging resource.
- Keep your content of high-quality
Whether it’s on your website or on your blog, your content must be of high-quality if you want to see a huge boost in your results. The only way in which you could keep it this way is by:
- Defining your stakeholders and finding people who interact with your brand. Ask why they do. Model, remodel, rethink, reshape. Make all the necessary adjustments to make things work for your business.
- Defining your customer’s stages and reaching out to them (pointing to your content) according to the stage that they are finding themselves in.
- Thinking of novel ideas to write about each day. Form a committee if you have to. Brainstorm and expand.
- Tracking your content’s value and see where or how you could improve.
- Hiring the right essay writers and learning how to delegate in case you must be focusing on other tasks.
In a nutshell: there’s no nutshell here, do things as they are laid out for best results.
- Consider PPC campaigns
If you’re doing okay on the financial side, you should consider PPC (pay-per-click) campaigns as they can be quite beneficial for your B2B. This is what you need to remember if you choose this option:
- Again! Make sure that your keywords are relevant to PPC.
- Your landing page should be of high-quality.
- Have Google rank your quality score high to get more ad clicks at lower prices.
- Use online tools such as Smart Ads Creator to create cool ads that will attract clicks.
- Redefining and reshaping
If you got here and are completely lost, make sure you redesign your campaign fully. It is better to start the process slower but ensure that it’s going to work long-term than fail later, after all of your ideas are well-crafted and ready to go. Reshaping your goals and objectives is not something to be ashamed of but something to be encouraged. Good job, this is how you learn!
The best way to start your journey is to use all the digital tools available to you and come up with a responsible plan. If you’ve done that, there is not much else that can go wrong – from then all, all you need is willpower, credibility, and love for your work.